Today marks a very exciting time for Connected Data. After almost 18 months of non-stop development, we are officially launching the company out of stealth and are within days of shipping the first batch of production Transporter units to initial Kickstarter backers. It has been an amazing ride so far and we look forward to the coming months.
Today's launch presents the perfect opportunity to highlight some recent milestones:
- Completed a successful Kickstarter campaign that finished in the top 1% of all Technology projects, sold over 1,100 units, and raised 260% of goal
- Announced general availability of Transporter in what may be record timing for a Kickstarter hardware project
- Secured $6M of Series A funding led by Floodgate and Northgate
- Signed D&H - one of the nation's leading technology distributors - to handle North American distribution of Transporter
- Signed a "who's who" list of national retail partners including Adorama, Amazon, B&H Photo, Datavision, J&R, Newegg, and PC Mall
The most exciting part of all of this is getting the opportunity to tell more people about Transporter. When we have a chance to explain the product and how it works, almost everyone "gets it" and can think of some way the product would be useful for them.
Make sure to drop us a line in the comments section. We'd love to hear your thoughts about Transporter and how you might be able to use the product.